What DNS server are you asking to look things up for you.
If the gateway works.  Can you ping the IP address... (note google has
many, many, this one)
# ping www.google.com
PING www.google.com (74.125.28.103)

Check your /etc/resolv.conf file for sanity.
If you add:
 nameserver 8.8.8.8
and retry do you get an answer.

Often the gateway device has a running name server.
Other times localhost is listed (127.0.0.1) which requires
a running and correctly configured name server on local host.

Tools like "dig", "host", "nslookup" have options to test a name server
and also disclose the hosts contacted for answers.

Note Well (N.B.) that recursive name servers have come under attack and
what worked last week may have been "restricted"/ "repaired"  to not
provide recursive
name lookups that you did not know you depended on.

On Mon, Apr 22, 2013 at 10:00 AM, vanessa ramos da cruz
<v.ramosdac...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Halo,
>
> I have a Server with XS 0.7, with an ISP (Internet service provider) and an
> ISP-provided DNS server. It always worked very well, but now lost the
> Internet access. I think the DNS is not solving the names, because i can
> ping the gateway, but by pinginging www.google.com i become the answer
> unknown host.
>
> Can some one help me?

  T o m   M i t c h e l l