Hi,

This is a very valuable discussion which I hope gets summarized on a wiki page. It probably also belongs in server-devel as well.

I believe the 'boot net' would require only moments more per laptop than the 4-key approach.

The real advantage of wireless 'flashing' could be that a roomful of laptops could be flashed concurrently as in NandBlast. I assume that NandBlast is using the broadcast capability of the network. This is getting beyond my understanding of networking, but wouldn't it be possible to implement the 'sender' side of NandBlast on the server and
have it start broadcasting the image.

Tony