I'm not very positive towards using a router as a school server due memory
constraints, but rpi2 with a small wifi dongle or other such seems doable to
me.  Between George, Jerry, and Anish this is pretty well there in the current
xsce master.

Date: Sat, 25 Apr 2015 00:53:33 -0400
Subject: [XSCE] NUC with internal WiFi AP?
From: h...@laptop.org
To: xsce-de...@googlegroups.com; server-devel@lists.laptop.org

Will NUC-like "handheld-size" servers with internal WiFi AP's ever be possible?
 (towards shrinking the spaghetti-peripherals-hassles that so many educators
are reacting to, eager for XSCE/IIAB/ETC but persistently interested in a
smaller all-around enclosure)
Following bit suggests the answer might be "no", but then again others
understand this far better than i !?
http://amazon.com/ask/questions/Tx23UQW2FF0X8UZ
"Q: Using Linux / hostapd, will this work as an access point?
A: Yeah... ish. I have it in my router right now and it works great in the
2.4ghz band. Im working on getting the 5ghz band up and running but I seem to
be running into country code problems or it might be possible that this card
doesn't support AP mode in 5Ghz mode but Im hoping for the former :) kernel
3.13.

EDIT. Talked to a intel kernel dev. 5ghz is disabled for regulatory reasons.
zanegrey  |  1 year ago"