It's been 6 months since release 6.0, and the XSCE team has been busy.
- Calibre -- A tool for managing a library of eBooks, modifying their
file formats, adding search terms, and making them available online.
- Wordpress -- A content management system which gives students
experience with editing wiki pages, blogs, menuing systems, and which is
- Dokuwiki -- An alternate wiki system, similar to wordpress, but less
popular, which makes transferring wiki materials easy from one school
server to another.
- Sugarizer -- Makes some of the sugar activities available to browser
clients on laptops, and smart phones/tablets.
- CUPS -- Common Unix Printing System provides the ability to connect to
and share network or USB connected printers.
- Moodle is now upgraded to version 3.1, the most recent (long term
support) version that will be supported until May 2019.
- Elgg -- A social networking application is upgraded to 2.1.
- Owncloud -- Permits sharing of all kinds of content between clients of
a local server that is not internet connected (version 9).
*Install Instructions: *
- Rpi3 -- http://www.xsce.org/downloads/xsce-release-6.1/rpi/
- Fedora x86_64 iso:http://www.xsce.org/downloads/xsce-release-6.1/
Server-devel mailing list