Hi,

 In my email application, I have a requirement to send out the notification
to the sender or a pre-defined email ids about the outcome
(success/failure) of the email processing.

If I use mailetContext.sendMail, the mails will go to the spool and will
take the standard processor flow and get into remotedelivery to send out
the communications. The delay caused in this approach will depend on the
number of emails in the spool for regular processing...When I say "regular
processing", I meant the business logic of my email application built in
the form of mailets.

My questions is, Is this the right approach ? How about I use JavaMail api
to send out this communications without bombarding the RemoteDelivery with
the notification emails ? Please note that I don't have any requirement for
relaying emails.. All emails sent to my JAMES installation will end after
performing some business logic(including calling some web service rest/soap
apis). The only outgoing emails will be the notification of the outcome...

Any suggestions ? What is the best practice followed by the community in a
similar scenario ?

I have more questions. But I will start with this one..

Thanks
Mahesh