Hi All,

 I am getting the following error in one of our James installations. This
is not related to File repository. I checked the source. This is being
thrown from MimeMessageInputStreamSource where it tries to create a temp
file. Increasing the ulimit will solve the problem ? Please provide your
comments and appreciate your help on this.

javax.mail.MessagingException: Unable to retrieve the data: Too many open
files;
  nested exception is:
    java.io.IOException: Too many open files
    at
org.apache.james.core.MimeMessageInputStreamSource.<init>(MimeMessageInputStreamSource.java:101)
    at org.apache.james.core.MailImpl.<init>(MailImpl.java:181)
    at
org.apache.james.smtpserver.DataCmdHandler.processMail(DataCmdHandler.java:266)
    at
org.apache.james.smtpserver.DataCmdHandler.doDATA(DataCmdHandler.java:133)
    at
org.apache.james.smtpserver.DataCmdHandler.onCommand(DataCmdHandler.java:81)
    at
org.apache.james.smtpserver.SMTPHandler.handleConnection(SMTPHandler.java:393)
    at
org.apache.james.util.connection.ServerConnection$ClientConnectionRunner.run(ServerConnection.java:432)
    at
org.apache.excalibur.thread.impl.ExecutableRunnable.execute(ExecutableRunnable.java:55)
    at
org.apache.excalibur.thread.impl.WorkerThread.run(WorkerThread.java:116)

Thanks
Mahesh