There is a ToFolder mailet provided by James (I'm on James 3b5...). Unfortunately, it is not easily subclassable to set the target folder. But I just cloned the entire mailet from the James source, renamed it, and customized it. You can then add whatever logic you need and define the folder that each mail item is to be placed into.

Jerry