There is a migration guide, but it is very skeletal. It doesn’t work as well
with 3.1 and beyond as it did for the 3.0 betas. The thing you have to realize
is that the config.xml file has been separated into its relevant sections, with
each having its own XML file. For example, there is now a spoolmanager.xml
file, an smtpserver.xml file and a mailetcontainer.xml file (to name a few).
You basically go to the corresponding sections in the old file and copy them to
the new counterpart. That sounds easier than it is.

What does not come out are the changes in formatting of the xml. For example,
in the processors section of the config.xml, you might have the following:
<processor name=“Finished”/>
and it is perfectly acceptable. Not so in 3.x. Now, it is more like:
<processor state=“Finished” enableJmx=“true”>
  <mailet match=“All” class=“Null”/>
</processor>
Now, the enableJmx is optional as far as I can tell, but it will throw an error
if you do not explicitly define a mailet in the processor.

Sent from my iPhone