Hi Jerry,

To explain it shortly:

 1. In OpenJPA NamedQuery are directly attached to the POJO being
persited, here AbstractJPAMailboxMessage
 2. Using these annotations (named query) openjpa plugin enhance code
upon compilation
 3. Then the magic happens

Here because openjpa do not load correctly persisted objects, it then
fails at executing related queries.

Why OpenJPA fails loading related metadata? - the log is missing
explanation...

And of course...
 - What is the exact James version?
 - JDBC mysql driver version?
 - MySQL version?

This would enable us to be testing this locally, see if we can reproduce
it with basic setup...

Cheers,

Benoit