Sai,

Thanks for the quick response.  But in the latest 3.3.0 download, there is not a james.sh file.  I've been using run.sh.  There is a james-cli.sh.  But I have not been using it.  But both the run.sh and james-cli.sh files have those two parameters already specified in the JAVA command.  So I don't think that could be what's wrong.

Any idea what is causing the exception?

And just out of curiosity, if you are on James 3.3.0, do any of the log files in the logs directory have any data in them?  Even out of the box, with every log level set to DEBUG, for me the only file that doesn't have zero bytes is james-server-log.  My bigger problem than JMX is that all of the logging data is being discarded.

Jerry