Hello Tommy,

I'm not sure about the wiki myself to be honest, but here is a link about the installation (by programmatically I guess you mean you want to compile it and run it yourself right?): https://james.apache.org/server/install.html

A bit outdated though (current stable version is 3.4.0, not 3.3.0). With 3.4.0 you need to compile it with Java11 though (but the target build can still run on Java8).

Matt answered a good guideline regarding that on a recent previous similar message, you can check it as well: https://www.mail-archive.com/server-user@james.apache.org/msg16262.html

Best regards,
Rene.