Hi Matt et al

I may have pinpointed my issue by restarting methodically from scratch.

I unzip the binary dist and do nothing except configure maildir in mailbox.xml

James startup trundles along until this:-

ERROR 12:34:01,495 |
org.apache.james.mailetcontainer.lib.AbstractStateMailetProcessor | Unable to
init mailet WithPriority
org.apache.mailet.MailetException: Could not load mailet (WithPriority)
(java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: 'priority' init parameter is compulsory)

I grep about a bit and comment out this block of code in mailetcontainer.xml

<mailet matcher="All" class="WithPriority">
  <value>8</value>
</mailet>

and \o/ James starts

root@skaro # ./james-cli.sh ListDomains
localhost
skaro
localhost.
127.0.0.1

so I create a user and:-
root@skaro # ./james-cli.sh ListUsers
david@localhost

I start up my webmail program and things look great; I can log in and as
expected it has auto created Draft and Sent mailboxes in
var/store/maildir/localhost/david. James is playing nice as an imap server.

Here's the logged test message:-
INFO  13:17:24,176 | org.apache.james.smtpserver.SendMailHandler | Successfully
spooled mail Mail1583327844013-52b0d5a5-d40c-48fd-b4db-e8e2ea2b735f from
MaybeSender{mailAddress=Optional[david@localhost]} on localhost/127.0.0.1 for
[david@localhost]

it's copied to the Sent folder which the webmail app is configured to do, but
it's never delivered to the inbox.

So I'm guessing my "fix" (above) is the problem? But why will James not start
up without that and what is the proper fix?

--
David Matthews
m...@dmatthews.org