From: David Matthews <m...@dmatthews.org.INVALID>
Sent: Friday 24 April 2020 13:24
To: James Users List <server-user@james.apache.org>
Subject: [EXT] Re: James 3.4.0 WebAdmin

hi Sean

>I am new to Apache James and I have downloaded version 3.4.0.

I and several other people who wrote to this list had problems with this
version. My experience was that emails were spooled, but never delivered and no
error messages in the logs either. Other people reported the same problem, so I
would suggest getting 3.3.0, which I found pretty much just works.

>The installation does not include a webadmin.properties file - does version
>3.4.0 not include WebAdmin and if not is there an alternative way to configure
>James via Java.

As far as I know there is no web frontend and james is configured by editing
the files in the conf directory. I've written some notes for doing that - not
especially difficult, rather to remind myself:-

https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__dmatthews.org_java-5Femail.html&d=DwICAg&c=tv8X2YgD7mG0v9N2vuBcgw&r=0IEnp1fMBAq7DzWaHhpZhmwghvD9z_ct-QdWofgGsiI&m=gyOuWw-_THLvGnpCHjeIvlQckXLdZzVHZO-JzJDB9gw&s=FDjVbEZxn3oJ4UgFs74d31LWkySFCRKwfNRXH1gmG5E&e=

and I suggest you might also want to look at:-

https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__dmatthews.org_email-5Fauth.html&d=DwICAg&c=tv8X2YgD7mG0v9N2vuBcgw&r=0IEnp1fMBAq7DzWaHhpZhmwghvD9z_ct-QdWofgGsiI&m=gyOuWw-_THLvGnpCHjeIvlQckXLdZzVHZO-JzJDB9gw&s=z_EN3y1z0zga4mnDpq1nouN9vWpu9oBpwIrpv4jLp4Q&e=

That last page is not james specific, but if you want to run your own  mail
exchanger that information is important whatever software you choose.

--
David Matthews
m...@dmatthews.org

Confidential Communication: The contents of this e-mail including any
attachment are confidential and intended solely for the person(s) to whom they
are addressed. Any reader of this email who is not the intended recipient is
notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication
is strictly prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error, please
notify the sender immediately and delete all copies from your computer system.
Subsequent alterations to this email after its transmission will be disregarded.