<processor state="relay" enableJmx="true"> <mailet match="All"
class="RemoteDelivery"> <outgoingQueue>outgoing</outgoingQueue>
<delayTime>5000, 100000, 23*500000</delayTime>
<maxRetries>25</maxRetries>
<maxDnsProblemRetries>0</maxDnsProblemRetries>
<deliveryThreads>10</deliveryThreads> <sendpartial>true</sendpartial>
<bounceProcessor>bounces</bounceProcessor> <debug>true</debug>
<startTLS>true</startTLS> <sslEnable>false</sslEnable>
<heloName>${env:OP_JAMES_REMOTE_DELIVERY_HELO}</heloName> </mailet>
</processor>

(sample taken from mailetcontainer.xml of one of my environments.)

The important thing here is startTLS true as it enable opportunistic
connection upgrades.

Your very next problem is GMail complaining about your self signed
certificates used for RemoteDelivery: You need to set up javax.mail to
use your regular certificates.

Regards,

Benoit