Hi wojtek,

This is a symptoms of mails not being correctly indexed in Lucene.

I recommend tracking and fixing the bugs in Lucene indexing. Could you please
open JIRAs for those?

Once the indexing is patched, re- indexing would succeed.

Alternatively, event dead letter can be purged via webadmin.

--

Best regards,

Benoit TELLIER

General manager of Linagora VIETNAM.

Product owner for Team-Mail product.

Chairman of the Apache James project.

Mail: btell...@linagora.com

Tel: (0033) 6 77 26 04 58 (WhatsApp, Signal)

Le juin 27, 2023 12:35 AM, de Wojtek Hi,
I noticed logs being filled with

```
06:20:29.372 [WARN ] o.a.j.PeriodicalHealthChecks - DEGRADED:
EventDeadLettersHealthCheck :
EventDeadLetters contain events. This might indicate transient failure on event
processing.
```

Is it something to be worried about?

There are a bunch of exceptions/errors (mostly regarding Date in headers, some
handled and being
logged as debug, some not logged as errors) - is the above line a result of
those errors? For example:

```
08:57:28.150 [ERROR] o.a.j.e.d.EventDelivery$Retryer$BackoffRetryer - listener
org.apache.james.mailbox.lucene.search.LuceneMessageSearchIndex exceeded
maximum retry(8) to handle
event org.apache.james.mailbox.events.MailboxEvents.Added
```

I assume above would result in the event being appended to the collection in
EventDeadLetters (one
of the implementations) and healthcheck just checks it, but shouldn't those be
cleared at one point?

Btw. If I encounter error/exception while processing a message
--
Wojtek