Hi Benoit,
thank you for confirming my observation. Indeed, it seems quite extensive.

I was wondering if we shouldn't adjust org.apache.james.core.Username API and make a distinction between localpart (so username+subaddress) and actuall username (i.e. `username` without subaddress part. Or have another way to distinguish username in the system from email address?

Wojtek