Thanks for the proposal.

--

Best regards,

Benoit TELLIER

General manager of Linagora VIETNAM.
Product owner for Team-Mail product.
Chairman of the Apache James project.

Mail: btell...@linagora.com
Tel: (0033) 6 77 26 04 58 (WhatsApp, Signal)

Le nov. 6, 2023 4:47 AM, de Rene Cordier Hello guys,

Well currently James is based on JDK 11. Should we think about upgrading
to at least the next LTS, JDK 17? (or why even not the current LTS,
which is the JDK 21?) I saw it being asked by a community member on a PR
a while ago (Antoine Duprat) and in our company, we would be glad for
such an upgrade as well.

Might need a bit of work but the project could definitely benefit from
it: records (finish the long verbose POJOs), pattern matching, better GC
handling, etc.

Would other people be interested about it too? Is it a problem for some
others in the community?

Rene.