Nicolas,

Thanks for reporting the problem. I am curious if you have collected any profiling data that shows sun.util.logging.PlatformLogger.redirectPlatformLoggers() is the cause of the performance degradation. This redirection is done as part of the logging initialization before JFrame is initialized. Since the performance degradation you observed is after the JFrame has been instantiated, it could be something else. If it's logging-related, it would be sun.util.logging.PlatformLogger.

Mandy