On Tue, Jan 14, 2014 at 10:19 AM, Alan Bateman <alan.bate...@oracle.com> wrote:
> On 14/01/2014 08:40, Volker Simonis wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> could you please review the following changes for the ppc-aix-port
>> stage/stage-9 repositories (the changes are planned for integration into
>> ppc-aix-port/stage-9 and subsequent backporting to ppc-aix-port/stage):
>
> I'd like to review this but I won't have time until later in the week. From
> an initial look then there are a few things are not pretty (the changes to
> fix the AIX problems with I/O cancellation in particular) and I suspect that
> some refactoring is going to be required to handle some of this cleanly. A
> minor comment is that bug synopsis doesn't really communicate what these
> changes are about.
>
> -Alan.

Just forwarded the following message from another thread here where it belongs:

On 17/01/2014 16:57, Alan Bateman wrote:

I've finally got to this one. As the event translation issue is now a
separate issue then I've ignored that part.

I'm not comfortable with the changes to FileDispatcherImpl.c as I
don't think we shouldn't be calling into IO_ or NET_* functions here.
I think I get the issue that you have on AIX (and assume it's the
preClose/dup2 that blocks rather than close) but need a bit of time to
suggest alternatives. It may be that it will require an AIX specific
SocketDispatcher. Do you happen to know which tests fail due to this
part?

The other changes look okay. There is a typo in the change to
zip_util.c, s/legel/legal/.

In DatagramChannelImpl.c then you handle connect failing with
EAFNOSUPPORT. I would be tempted to replace the comment to say that it
EAFNOSUPPORT can be ignored on AIX. A minor comment but the
indentation for rv = errno can be fixed (I see the BSD code has it
wrong too).