Hi Jaroslav,

Is this just to accommodate the test library? I found no other references in java.base.

If so, then perhaps it can be placed in another package that the tests routinely need access to.
Does this fit the scope of the WhiteBox?

Thanks, Roger

On 12/07/2015 06:23 AM, Jaroslav Bachorik wrote:
>> Adding j.l.Runtime.getVmArguments() method seems like the best thing we >> can do - the VM arguments are related to the current runtime and doing
>> this it allows for decoupling from java.management.
>
> Any further thoughts on this? Any objections against moving this
> functionality to j.l.Runtime since implementing this in ProcessHandle
> would lead to inconsistency between the arguments reported for
> 'current()' and other processes?

I was left unclear as to the exact intent of the API - which "arguments"
does it provide? Commandline? launcher? VM?
The same as http://docs.oracle.com/javase/8/docs/api/java/lang/management/RuntimeMXBean.html#getInputArguments-- Basically, this is about moving the RuntimeMXBean.getInputArguments() to a place which would not require dependency on java.management in order to get the VM input arguments.

-JB-