Hi Dan,

Thanks for looking at it again.

See comment in-line.

Thanks, Harold

On 9/20/2016 11:25 AM, Daniel D. Daugherty wrote:
On 9/20/16 8:11 AM, harold seigel wrote:
Hi David,

Thanks for the review. Please review this updated webrev containing the comment modifications that you suggested:

   http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~hseigel/bug_8160987.3/

src/jdk.jdwp.agent/share/native/libjdwp/invoker.c
    No comments.

test/com/sun/jdi/InterfaceMethodsTest.java
    L200:         // invoking static
        nit typo: 'invoking' -> 'Invoking' (since you made it a sentence)

    L208:         // invoking static
        nit typo: 'invoking' -> 'Invoking' (since you made it a sentence)

    So for the test cases on L202 and L210 that changed from
    testInvokePos() -> testInvokeNeg(), we had test cases in
    place that verified the exact opposite of what the spec says?
    And the same testInvokePos() -> testInvokeNeg() changes on
    L255 and L263?
Note that the spec changed in JDK-9 (see JDK-8040167 <https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8040167>) from:

   "Invokes a static method. The method must be member of the class
   type or one of its superclasses,  superinterfaces, or implemented
   interfaces."

   "Invokes a static method. The method must be member of the class
   type or one of its superclasses."

    L253:         // the instance
        nit typo: 'the' -> 'The' and L254 needs a period at the end.

    Re: use of "re-defined"
I doubt this means class redefinition but it had me going for a second. :-)

Thumbs up! Feel free to ignore the nits above and I don't need
to see another webrev if you fix those.

Dan

Please also see comments in-line.