On 9/21/16 7:33 AM, Daniel D. Daugherty wrote:
On 9/20/16 11:07 PM, Chris Plummer wrote:
Please help review the following:
L490: log_trace(jvmti)("[-] %s %s(%d)", func_name,
nit: extra space after the comma
nit: extra space at the end of the line
Those were both pre-existing, but I'll clean them up.
I presume when you change the assertTrue() call to an
OutputAnalyzer.should...() call that the new import can
Correct. I have removed it and it still compiles.
One thing that wasn't clear from your write up below... when you detect
a PHASE error, you now return a NULL (but the code is clear).
Thumbs up. Don't need to see a new webrev for fixing any nits.
Thanks for the review.
The main fix is in JPLISAgent.c, which is to no longer call
jplis_assert_msg() when there is a PHASE error, and also remove the
test from ProblemList.txt.
I also fixed a problem with the test. It was not checking if the
subprocess had failed to terminate properly. The result was if the
sub-process crashed, then the test would pass. I noticed this when I
temporarily forced an assert when there was a PHASE error, and
suddenly the test was always passing, yet there was an hs_err.log file.
Lastly, I made a slight improvement to the trace output when there is
a PHASE error, so now the PHASE number is included in the trace
output. So the trace output now looks like the following when the
test triggers the PHASE error (this is without the fix being made to
[0.376s][trace][jvmti] [-] GetNamedModule JVMTI_ERROR_WRONG_PHASE(8)
Tested by running the test 5 times on each supported platform, and
also ran nsk.jvmti and jck/vm/jvmti.