Hi Roger,

Your approach is more elegant. However checking for ":0/" may not work as we can have non-zero port number that can end in 0.

Regards

Harsha

On Tuesday 17 January 2017 09:39 PM, Roger Riggs wrote:
Hi Harsha,

On 1/16/2017 1:21 AM, Harsha Wardhana B wrote:
Hi Amit,

In JdpJmxRemoteDynamicPortTestCase:48 needs null/empty check for jmx url.

JdpJmxRemoteDynamicPortTestCase:49, array length needs to checked before accessing index at token[6].

It is possible that port number need not always be present at given index and hence we may have to follow different approach to extract port number. Please check if approach below works.

<code>

        int idx = jmxurl.indexOf(':');
        while (idx != -1) {
            jmxurl = jmxurl.substring(idx+1);
            idx = jmxurl.indexOf(':');
        }
This loop would very eagerly find the last ":" in the string even it was well past the host/port field.
String.lastIndex would be equivalent.

        if(jmxurl.indexOf('/') == -1) {
throw new RuntimeException("Test failed : Invalid JMXServiceURL");
        }
It would be more efficient to compare the index of the '/' after the last ":" than to re-create new substrings.
int colon = jmxurl.lastIndexOf(':');
int slash = jmxurl.indexOf('/', colon);
int port = Integer.parseInt(jmxurl, colon + 1, slash, 10);

        String portStr = jmxurl.substring(0,jmxurl.indexOf('/'));
        int port = Integer.parseInt(portStr);
        if( port == 0 ) {
throw new RuntimeException("Test failed : Zero port for jmxremote");
        }
Or It might be just as effective to just to check if ":0/" is present.
if (jmxurl.contains(":0/")) {...}

$.02, Roger

</code>

Regards