Hi Amit,

On 23/02/2017 4:18 PM, Amit Sapre wrote:
Hello,

Thanks David & Harsha for your inputs.
Here is the new webrev :
http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~asapre/webrev/2017/JDK-7132577/webrev.01/

You didn't leave L116 - L121 as-is, you deleted them. Isn't checking they are all 0 a useful sanity check?

Moving the printing into listenersAreAll is not ideal as the only way to control the output rate is by changing the sleep time in the loop. But we want the test to be responsive (no big sleeps) and also don't want excessive output. The 500ms sleep might be a reasonable compromise but I can't tell that - how long does the test normally take to run and how much output is generated?

Amit

-----Original Message-----
From: David Holmes
Sent: Thursday, February 23, 2017 9:24 AM
To: serviceability-dev@openjdk.java.net; Sapre Amit
Cc: Harsha Wardhana B
Subject: Re: RFR : JDK-7132577 -
javax/management/monitor/MultiMonitorTest.java fails in JDK8-B22

Hi Amit,

On 23/02/2017 12:18 AM, Harsha Wardhana B wrote:
Hi Amit,

There is no need to wait in a loop to check we have not received any
notifications. Without starting the monitors, the listener count will
be zero.

The first part of diff L116-L121 could be left as is.

Agreed.

By relying on Jtreg timeout for receiving notifications, we will be
unable to print the number of listeners emitted by each Monitor. But
guess there is no way to intercept a Jtreg timeout and print out
those
values.

You could print out the values every 1 second, or 5 or 10, ... at least
that way we can see what the values are when we timeout, and also if
they have been changing.

Regards

Harsha