Hi Dmitry,

Let's get to a consensus for the last item on our plate:
  jdwpTransportError AllowPeers(const char* peers);
                 .VS.
  jdwpTransportError StartListeningWithAllow(const char* address, char** actual_address, char *allow);

I still do not like the
StartListening() function clone and its name.
It looks like a wrong direction to me.

This is a fragment of my bug report comment on this issue:

  4. The suggested *allow* feature is too destructive for the transport API.
     It makes the original function StartListening unusable and its entry slot a garbage.
     It will become a big mess if we add more function clones like StartListening11.
  . . .
  6. The suggested API update makes the transport API VERSION_1_1
     incompatible with the initial VERSION_1_0.

One more alternate solution to suggest is to add new function:
   jdwpTransportError SetTransportConfiguration(jdwpTransportConfiguration config);

Where:
  typedef struct {
      const char* allowed_peers;
  } jdwpTransportConfiguration;

This approach allows to extend the jdwpTransportConfiguration in the future if necessary.
However, I'm not sure we really need this ability.

Both alternatives allow for the transport library to support both API versions.
It is good by itself and also, it is a way to simplify the transport library.

We could formulate the following requirements to the API updates:
  - the transport API update must support previous API versions
  - the updated API layout must be compatible with previous versions

It seems to me, these requirements are achievable and two alternate approaches show it.

Please, share your opinions?

Thanks,
Serguei