Hi Daniel,

Serviceability issues should go to serviceability-dev@openjdk.java.net - now cc'd.

On 30/01/2018 7:53 AM, stewartd.qdt wrote:
Please review this webrev [1] which attempts to fix a test error in serviceability/sa/ClhsdbInspect.java when
it is run under an AArch64 system (not necessarily exclusive to this system, but it was the system under
test). The bug report [2] provides further details. Essentially the line "waiting to re-lock in
wait" never actually occurs. Instead I have the line "waiting to lock" which occurs for the
referenced item of /java/lang/ref/ReferenceQueue$Lock. Unfortunately the test is written such that only the
first "waiting to lock" occurrence is seen (for java/lang/Class), which is already accounted for in
the test.

I can't tell exactly what the test expects, or why, but it would be extremely hard to arrange for "waiting to re-lock in wait" to be seen for the ReferenceQueue lock! That requires acquiring the lock yourself, issuing a notify() to unblock the wait(), and then issuing the jstack command while still holding the lock!

David
-----

I'm not overly happy with this approach as it actually removes a test line. However, the
test line does not actually appear in the output (at least on my system) and the test is
not currently written to look for the second occurrence of the line "waiting to
lock". Perhaps the original author could chime in and provide further guidance as to
the intention of the test.

I am happy to modify the patch as necessary.

Regards,
Daniel Stewart

[1] -  http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~dstewart/8196361/webrev.00/
[2] - https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8196361