On 2018/02/02 23:38, Stefan Johansson wrote:
Hi Yasumasa,

The changes doesn't apply clean on the latest jdk/hs, can you provide an
updated webrev?

I uploaded webrev for jdk-hs:
  cr.openjdk.java.net/~ysuenaga/JDK-8153333/webrev.05/

The testing done by the submit repo doesn't cover the tests you have update so
I plan to take the change for a spin and make sure the correct tests are run
and verified in Mach 5.

I've also tested hotspot/jtreg/:hotspot_serviceability and jdk/:jdk_tools on my
laptop.
I did not see any errors / failures which are related to this change.

Also a question about the change. Why do we need a special flag for CMS? I see
that the original bug report refers to the flag as being a way to turn on and
off the feature but the current implementation only consider the flag for CMS.

http://mail.openjdk.java.net/pipermail/hotspot-gc-dev/2016-March/016774.html

Originally, STW phases (Remark and Cleanup) at G1 are not counted in jstat FGC
column.
So I think we need not to control the behavior of PerfCounter for G1.

Thanks,

Yasumasa

Thanks,
Stefan