Hi Christoph,

I'm familiar with the non-system includes in hotspot,
there mostly a total alphabetical ordering is followed, like in
http://hg.openjdk.java.net/jdk/hs/file/0d8ed8b2ac4f/src/hotspot/cpu/x86/c1_CodeStubs_x86.cpp
> It is. However, I have put "subdirs" first. That is, the includes from sys/*
Also, that's not true, see the first file in your webrev, which is sorted as I
would expect:
http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~clanger/webrevs/8201247.0/src/hotspot/os/aix/attachListener_aix.cpp.html
while this sorts as you state:
http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~clanger/webrevs/8201247.0/src/jdk.attach/linux/native/libattach/VirtualMachineImpl.c.html

Is there a different pattern followed in hotspot and jdk coding?

In case you resort them (have fun :) ), no new webrev is needed.

Best regards,
  Goetz.