On 6/12/18 11:53 AM, serguei.spit...@oracle.com wrote:
Hi Daniil,

I don't think, the approach for the tests to filter out the JFR and Graal threads
is not good despite the fact it is relatively easy to implement.
It does not cover any threads that may come in the future.
So that I consider the webrev below as just a work around of the real problem.
True, but his changes are just an extension of what is already being done - filtering out threads we don't care about.

The tests should just filter out everything that is not a part of their testing.
It can be done on a base of the Debuggee classes or threads, or any other approaches.
One problem is that events don't always come in on debuggee thread, so you can't filter out all threads other than the debuggee thread. I think probably filtering out all classes not related to the debuggee is probably the way to go. However, do we want to fix all the tests to do this, or just go with Daniil's quick fix?

Chris

Thanks,
Serguei