On 6/20/18 1:14 AM, Harsha Wardhana B wrote:
Hi,

Please find the fix below for the bug

JDK-8204661 : Show error 'Port already in use' in HashedPasswordFileTest.java

having webrev at,

http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~hb/8204661/webrev.00/

The problem root-cause is discussed in the comments section of the bug.

The fix above lets the default agent pick a free port by passing 'port=0' value and then reads the JMX Connector URL from Perf Counters.

This looks fine.  Please add this issue number to @bug.

This is interesting. I was not aware of setting port=0 will auto-assign a free port. Do you know if it was added for testing purpose (which I assume so)?

For example test/jdk/sun/management/jmxremote/bootstrap/RmiBootstrapTest.java uses jdk.testlibrary.Utils.getFreePort() to get a free port number.

Mandy