On 7/31/18 3:29 AM, serguei.spit...@oracle.com wrote:
Hi Chris,

Good catch.
It is possible that this webrev does not fix the JDK-8202896.
The JDK-8202896 is about timeouts which are normally intermittent (is it right?).

There are two options here:
  A: close 8202896 as a dup of 8208074
  B: keep the test problem listed and labeled with 8202896

Let's wait for Coleen's answer.

I closed https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8206076 (timeouts with -Xcomp)
 as a duplicate of
https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8203820 (where I took InMemoryCompiler out of the threads)
because that's where the attempted fix was.

I think
https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8202896 (getting Too many open files intermittently)
should be closed as a duplicate too because it's the same root cause.

And this one:
https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8208074 (broken fix)
fixes my fix and will remove the test from the ProblemList.txt.

I believe it should be removed fromt he problem list because I don't think it will time out or intermittently fail again for the same reason.  If it times out or fails for a different reason, we should file a whole new bug, with that specific analysis.

Thanks,
Coleen

Thanks,
Serguei