Then consider it reviewed.

Thanks!
Serguei

On 11/13/18 12:50 PM, Daniil Titov wrote:
Hi Serguei,

Thank you for reviewing this change. You are right, the latest webrev is still
v3.

Webrev: http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~dtitov/8203174/webrev.03/

Best regards,
Daniil

On 11/13/18, 12:05 PM, "serguei.spit...@oracle.com"
<serguei.spit...@oracle.com> wrote:

     Hi Daniil,
I do not see the latest webrev in this email anymore.
     Is it still the v3 version?
If so then the fix looks good to me.
     I like the comments you added there as they help.
I was also concerned about the compiler issue.
     Thank you for pointing that it was resolved with the JDK-8195627.
Thanks,
     Serguei
On 11/9/18 12:26 PM, Daniil Titov wrote:
     > Hi Dean,
     >
     > The blocking issue  for suspended JVMCI compiler thread in case of Graal and
-XComp was recently solved in  JDK-8195627 " Graal]
nsk/jdi/VirtualMachine/redefineClasses/redefineclasses026 hangs with Graal in Xcomp
mode" .  Could you please say do you think it will not be sufficient for the case you
described?

     > Just in case please find below the links to Jira and review thread for
JDK-8195627:
http://mail.openjdk.java.net/pipermail/serviceability-dev/2018-October/025764.html
     > Jira issue: https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8195627
     >
     > Thanks,
     > Daniil
     >
     > On 11/9/18, 12:14 PM, "serguei.spit...@oracle.com"
<serguei.spit...@oracle.com> wrote:

     >      We need to understand/formulate what requirements/limits the Graal
     >      compiler has to follow and then negotiate it with the Compiler team.
     >      I feel it is not a good idea to work around these issues to make the
     >      tests to pass.
     >      Sorry that I've lost track of the discussion - will need to re-read
the
     >      email thread thoroughly.
     >
     >      Thanks,
     >      Serguei
     >

     >      On 11/9/18 11:42, Chris Plummer wrote:
     >      > This sounds like a general issue with debugging and graal.
Debuggers
     >      > expect to be able to suspend all threads, and then resume just the
     >      > ones they want to see executed. You're saying there are
situations in
     >      > which the resumed thread will end up blocking on the suspended
     >      > compiler thread(s).
     >      >
     >      > Chris
     >      >
     >      >
     >      > On 11/9/18 10:19 AM, dean.l...@oracle.com wrote:
     >      >> With OSR, a compile can be initiated in a for loop, so I'd say
this
     >      >> is still not safe if the compile can be blocking, which happens
if:
     >      >>
     >      >>     bool is_blocking = !directive->BackgroundCompilationOption ||
     >      >> CompileTheWorld || ReplayCompiles;
     >      >>
     >      >> So that probably means the test cannot be run with -Xcomp.
     >      >>
     >      >> dl
     >      >>
     >      >> On 11/8/18 3:12 PM, Daniil Titov wrote:
     >      >>> The proposed fix for this case is to suspend VM while the body
of
     >      >>> the "for" loop (lines 150 - 356) is executed while ensuring
that for
     >      >>> line 151 ( line = pipe.printlln()) VM is temporary resumed (
line
     >      >>> numbers are given for an original version of
     >      >>>
test/hotspot/jtreg/vmTestbase/nsk/jdi/ArrayType/newInstance/newinstance001.java)