Hi JC,

On Wed, Nov 21, 2018 at 6:03 PM JC Beyler <jcbey...@google.com> wrote:

> Hi Thomas,

<snip>

> I actually agree with not using the service thread to be honest, resource
> exhaustion seems to be something you'd want to know sooner than later.
>
> How about we do both?
>   - Fix it now so that the compiler thread does not post the event because
> we'd rather not have crashes and that can get backported
>   - Put out a RFE that would add the information to ThreadInfo and work
> through the process of a CSR/etc. to get it working for future versions?
>
> Thanks,
> Jc

Makes sense, sure. But both Dan and Serguei voiced opposition to this
patch. Dan, Serguei, what do you think?

If we do not find an agreement, I would rather close this bug as WNF
than push it in without consensus. I would then just fix it downstream
in our port.

Your proposed RFE would still make sense, but not in jdk12 anymore,
let alone in older releases.

Thanks, Thomas