What I meant was that since we already pay for the memory leak, we
could just change this behavior and handle NULL methodIDs gracefully.
We do this already for JVMTI.

Otherwise, if we do not what to do this check and consider this to be
the caller's responsibility, I do not see the point of keeping the
NULLed-out jmethodID tables around. What for, just to make the crash
to be a bit more predictable?

..Thomas