From:   Alan Bateman <alan.bate...@oracle.com>
To:     Andrew Leonard <andrew_m_leon...@uk.ibm.com>
Cc:     serviceability-dev@openjdk.java.net
Date:   14/06/2019 17:06
Subject:        Re: RFR JDK-8225474: JDI connector accept fails "Address
already in use" with concurrent listeners

On 14/06/2019 15:52, Andrew Leonard wrote:
In doing the recent changes I applied knowledge of how the ConnectorImpl
and its defaultArguments are used to decide on what is necessary from a
threading perspective. I also am only considering the "listening"
concurrency issue, at this stage, and was not considering making all the
jdi classes thread-safe.
Sure but default arguments exposed in the ListeningConnector API are
mutable. It may be that debuggers and other tools aren't changing them but
we can't say that the GenericListeningConnector and its implementations
are safe for by use by concurrent threads without studying this further.
Also the comments about changing fields to final are not optimizations,
that are suggestions to allow GenericListeningConnector objects be safely
published.

-Alan

Unless stated otherwise above:
741598.