While we are speaking about all the drawbacks of LTO, it's still not clear
what the benefits are? In the very first mail Matthias mentioned that there
might be performance improvements but that performance is not the main
driving factor behind this initiative. So is it the reduced code size
(Matthias mentioned something around ~10%)?

It would be nice to see some real numbers on various platform for both, the
performance improvements for native parts like JIT/GC as well as for the
size reduction.

Aleksei Voitylov <aleksei.voity...@bell-sw.com> schrieb am Di., 14. Jan.
2020, 09:54: