Igor, Stefan

Thank you for feedback, see my comments inline.

On 3/25/20 10:14 AM, Stefan Karlsson wrote:
On 2020-03-25 17:40, Igor Ignatyev wrote:
Hi Leonid,

I have briefly looked at the patch, a few comments so far:

test/hotspot/jtreg/serviceability/sa/ClhsdbFlags.java:
  - at L#114, could you please call static method using class name (as the opposite of using instance)? or was it meant to be theApp.runAppVmOpts(vmArgs) ?
No, it is a plain bug. I wanted to use non-static method first and forget to change to classname.

test/lib/jdk/test/lib/apps/LingeredApp.java:
- it seems that code indent of startApp(LingeredApp, String[]) isn't correct - I don't like startAppVmOpts name, but unfortunately don't have a better suggestion (yet)

I was going to say the same. Jtreg has the concept of "java options" and "vm options". We have had a fair share of bugs and wasted time when tests have been using the "vm options" part (VM_OPTIONS, test.vm.options, etc), and we've been moving away from using that way to pass options. I recently cleaned up some of this with:

8237111: LingeredApp should be started with getTestJavaOpts

Because of this, I would prefer if we used a name that doesn't include "VmOpts", because it's too alike the other concept. Some suggestions:
 startAppJavaOptions
 startAppUsingJavaOptions
 startAppWithJavaOptions
 startAppExactJavaOptions
 startAppJvmOptions

I prefer 'startAppExactJvmOptions' (and same runApp..) to be clear that this method doesn't use default test options and whole combination should be prepared by user.

And left startApp(String .. addtionaJVmOpts) for cases when additional options are prepend to standard set.

Let me know if what do you think about this.

Leonid

Thanks,
StefanK

Thanks,