> On May 5, 2020, at 4:48 PM, serguei.spit...@oracle.com wrote:
>
> Hi Mikael,
>
> The fixes in webrev look good to me.
>
> I've just noticed a couple of more serviceability related things can be
> missed.
> (Not sure if they are included into different chunk of fixes.)
>
> One is libjvm_db.so which is for Solaris Pstack support:
>   make/hotspot/lib/CompileDtraceLibraries.gmk:    # Note that libjvm_db.c has
> tests for COMPILER2, but this was never set by
>   make/hotspot/lib/CompileDtraceLibraries.gmk: LIBJVM_DB_OUTPUTDIR :=
> $(JVM_VARIANT_OUTPUTDIR)/libjvm_db
>   make/hotspot/lib/CompileDtraceLibraries.gmk:        NAME := jvm_db, \
>   make/hotspot/lib/CompileDtraceLibraries.gmk:        SRC :=
> $(TOPDIR)/src/java.base/solaris/native/libjvm_db, \
>
> Another is DTrace support which also includes jhelper.d (support for DTrace
> jstack action which is for Solaris only):
>   make/hotspot/gensrc/GensrcDtrace.gmk
>   make/hotspot/lib/JvmDtraceObjects.gmk
> It also impacts some other make files.

I believe you’ll find that these changes were included in the build system
patch:

https://mail.openjdk.java.net/pipermail/build-dev/2020-May/027342.html
http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~mikael/webrevs/8244224/webrev.00/build/open/webrev/

Let me know if I missed something.

> Also, these lines can be just removed:
>   open/src/jdk.jdwp.agent/unix/native/libjdwp/path_md.h:#ifndef
> _JAVASOFT_SOLARIS_PATH_MD_H_
>   open/src/jdk.jdwp.agent/unix/native/libjdwp/path_md.h:#define
> _JAVASOFT_SOLARIS_PATH_MD_H_
>   open/src/jdk.jdwp.agent/unix/native/libjdwp/path_md.h:#endif /*
> !_JAVASOFT_SOLARIS_PATH_MD_H_ */

Remove or rather rename? The corresponding Windows header also has the guard,
any particular reason why it should be *removed*?

Cheers,
Mikael