Hi Daniil,

On 22/05/2020 5:24 pm, Daniil Titov wrote:
Hi David,

Some tiers in Mach5 are configured to run tests with '-showversion' VM options.
 In JDK-8242009 [3] we started forwarding test VM options to j-*tools

Okay. Filtering it out seems fine then.

and some tests that launch them and expect  an empty stderr (apart from VM
warnings) need to be corrected to either ignore version messages in the output
or to ensure that -showversion VM option is not passed to j*-tool even if it is
passed to the test itself.

Best regards,
Daniil

On 5/21/20, 10:41 PM, "David Holmes" <david.hol...@oracle.com> wrote:

     Hi Dannil,

     On 22/05/2020 3:06 pm, Daniil Titov wrote:
     > Please review a webrev [1] that reverts the changes done in
jdk.test.lib.process.OutputAnalyzer in [3].

     > Change [3] modified OutputAnalyzer stderrShouldBeEmptyIgnoreVMWarnings()
methods to ignore also VM version strings . The current webrev [1] reverts this
change

     Thank you for reverting the OutputAnalyzer change.

     > and instead makes the tests that expects an empty stderr from launched
j-* tools to filter out '-showversion' from test options when forwarding test VM
option to j*-tools.

     That seems workable, though I'm unclear what is adding the
     "-showversion" in the first place?

     -----