Hi Chris,

On 05/22/2020 17:12, Chris Plummer wrote:
Hi Alex,

I think this is a good experiment, but I don't really see a reason to push the change and wait for a failure to pop up in CI testing. I think you should be able to get the data you are looking for with adhoc runs. I find it pretty easy to reproduce by just running all the SA tests about 100 times (maybe more). In fact it was so noisy for me when I was trying to reproduce some very rare x86 failures that I stopped doing the testing on windows and just stuck with osx and linux.

I thought it's quite hard to reproduce the issue. But I'll try to run several times.

Is there a reason the 2nd AttachProcess() does not re-fetch ptrIDebugControl_ID? Is it sure to be the same value as with the first attach?

It's just a native pointer saved in java field (initialized during debugger COM object creation).
No reason to re-fetch it.

--alex

thanks,

Chris