On 6/21/2021 2:02 PM, Paul Sandoz wrote:
On Mon, 21 Jun 2021 05:17:09 GMT, Yi Yang <yy...@openjdk.org> wrote:

After JDK-8265518(#3615), it's possible to replace all variants of checkIndex
by Objects.checkIndex/Objects.checkFromToIndex/Objects.checkFromIndexSize in
the whole JDK codebase.
Yi Yang has updated the pull request incrementally with one additional commit
since the last revision:

   more replacement 2
All the updates to the check* methods look ok (requires some careful looking!).

I cannot recall what others said about the change in exception messages.
@jddarcy any advice here?

Generally, the JDK does not have the text of exception message as a supported interface meant to be relied on by users. This doesn't stop developers from occasionally parsing those messages, but that is usually a sign of a missing API which we try to rectify more directly.

HTH,

-Joe