On Mon, 10 Jan 2022 11:17:12 GMT, Kevin Walls <kev...@openjdk.org> wrote:

>> Remove the use of Security Manager from jstatd.
>> Add use of an ObjectInputFilter to restrict RMI.
>>
>> Also we can undo the property-setting Launcher.gmk change from: 8279007:
>> jstatd fails to start because SecurityManager is disabled
>> ..as that is no longer needed.
>>
>> Docs/man page update to follow (JDK-8278619).
>
> Kevin Walls has updated the pull request incrementally with one additional
> commit since the last revision:
>
>   Wildcard in object filter to permit proxies, in case other activity in this
> JVM changes the nameing/numbering of proxy classes.

Are all the proxy interfaces public?    The package in which a proxy class is
created may be different depending if whether any proxy interface is in a
non-exported and non-open package.   `com.sun.proxy.jdk.proxy*` is the package
for non-exported proxy classes.  The proxy classes may be public in an
unconditionally exported package [1] and its package name is `jdk.proxy*`.

[1]
https://download.java.net/java/early_access/jdk18/docs/api/java.base/java/lang/reflect/Proxy.html#membership