On Wed, 9 Mar 2022 20:41:37 GMT, Daniel D. Daugherty <dcu...@openjdk.org> wrote:

> A trivial fix to solve a memory leak/memory pinning for long runs of
> suspendthrd003.
>
> See the bug report for the gory analysis details.
>
> This fix was included in my jdk-19+12 stress runs so the updated test was
> executed
> in the  NSK JVM/TI testsuite for 3 runs in {fastdebug,release,slowdebug}
> configs. The
> test was also executed in parallel for 3 runs with my
> StressWrapper_StopAtExit config
> for 101 minutes in {fastdebug,release,slowdebug} configs. Lastly, the updated
> test was
> tested with Mach5 Tier[1567] with no failures on any platform.

Hi Dan,

This seems okay. This Log utility, by default, will keep all non error messages
in the log and only print them if an error actually occurs so that you can see
the full history. The log just grows without bound. Clearing the log
periodically, when you know any previous messages are not needed, seems a
reasonable thing to do.

Marked as reviewed by dholmes (Reviewer).