On Wed, 27 Mar 2024 05:44:25 GMT, Chris Plummer <cjplum...@openjdk.org> wrote:

> It looks like the test only inspects a thread and a java object. Perhaps you
> could add tests for additional VM objects. Maybe grab a frame PC from a
> thread stack trace.

Yes - added a couple of metadata tests, and a compiled method test, which gets
an address from Events info.  We know that should resolve to a compiled method
(if we have such an event, so this copes if there are none).

Also the VM.info and Thread.print runs with the CommandExecutor are now silent.
 They are long, and max out the test log file and make it truncate.  That
output could mainly be useful if  the regexes can't match items, but the output
format should be reproducible in a new run.  Also if we fail to find something
we need, like a thread id, it will print the full output it searched.

PR Comment: https://git.openjdk.org/jdk/pull/17655#issuecomment-2023578758