Guillaume Nodet wrote:
You mean a file based implementation of servicemix-audit ?
See
http://incubator.apache.org/servicemix/dist/servicemix-3.1-incubating/site/core/servicemix-audit/apidocs/org/apache/servicemix/jbi/audit/AuditorMBean.html
Yes, my first comment was exactly that: using an auditor for archiving the files. This isn't the best solution for this particular issue, but it still might be a worthwhile addition to ServiceMix. We still need to find a good way to avoid having to load entire messages into memory however. Anybody has any good suggestions for solving that?
I think we should only backport bug fixes, do you ?
But I'm open to discuss that, especially given the long release cycle
we have (we really need to do something about that, btw).
That's exactly why I was asking. I think these branches are great for doing bug fixes on an existing release, but I agree we should try to avoid it for new features. What is holding us back to shorten the release cycle (or even time-boxing it)? I'm trying to build a tool to regenerate the legal files, so we can already avoid the pain of checking those 'manually' every time. Is there anything else?