Seems to be fine.

Did you import the certificate from the webservice in the truststore of
your servicemix provider endpoint. I can't see it exactly from your mails.

WS-> create key / export cert / import in ws truststore (if selfsigned)
http provider -> import ws cert in the truststore.

That would be the scenario if you didn't enable client certificate
authentication on the web service. So your client trusts the ws and the
connection is secure.

That should work without fail.

What you also should do is to start the jvm with this property:
-Djavax.net.debug=ssl

That gives you a more information on what happend.

You can post it if it still fails.