Hi David,

Heartbeat and mon solution seems to offer failover protection up to sessions, but it's not really mirroring my 2 servers. If my servlet triggers a backend task i will still loose everything in the RAM.

You can set up failover in which there are master and slave servers. Session state is propagated to the processes within the same island, which enables another process in the same island to pick up the request from a given client if a failover occurs. You can get lots of information on "apache failover" on Google.

Hi Guys,

I have this scenario where i need total and transparent redundancy for a web server hardware.
If the primary server fails, the secondary server should kick in automatically and without loss of data (user sessions etc).

Kinda like they way they mirror harddisks, except this time it's mirroring the whole PC, ram inclusive.

Any ideas ?

Thanks in advance.