I hope no one views this as inappropriate, but I thought this might have
some relevance to those on this list.

Hi all.  Just wanted to drop a quick line here to say that the first book
on DWR has now hit shelves:

http://apress.com/book/search?searchterm=zammetti&act=search

Amazon...

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1590599411/ref=s9_asin_image_1?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=center-2&pf_rd_r=1TE04V9ZFVGP15QCG8BF&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=320448701&pf_rd_i=507846

...shows it as in stock as of today.

If you aren't familiar with DWR, it's a fantastic AJAX library
specifically for us Java developers.  In a nutshell, it allows you to call
server-side Java code from client-side Javascript in a way that gives the
illusion that it's all running in the same process space.  The syntax of
the calls is very similar to what the calls on the server-side look like
(to a large degree anyway).  It's a really elegant way to do AJAX if your
back-end is Java.

Thanks,
Frank

--