Hello,

We are occasionally getting alerts created in Service Manager by the Operations
Manager Alert Connector where the Incident name is either just "{2}" or
contains "{2}" in the name.  If we examine the alert in the Operations Manager
console, the alert description contains a string that has the actual alert name.

Operations Manager:
[cid:image001.png@01D054E8.1A88C060]

Service Manager:
[cid:image002.png@01D054E9.89BF1960]

Has anyone else had this problem before?

My theory is that the SCOM Alert Connector is synchronizing the alert to
Service Manager with a preliminary title, then the alert title is updated in
SCOM by the Management Pack but the SCOM Alert Connector never updates the
Title field on the Incident.  I am trying to decide if I need to work around
this issue by updating the Incident title via script after it has synchronized
or if this is a bug in the connector that I need to make Microsoft aware of.

Thanks!

Brandon Ryan
ClearPointe(r)
Software Engineer
7 Office Park Drive, Suite 200 | Little Rock, AR 72211 |
www.clearpointe.com<http://www.clearpointe.com/>

This email message may contain information that is privileged, confidential,
and exempt from disclosure. It is intended for use only by the person to whom
it is addressed. If you have received this in error, please (1) do not forward
or use this information in any way; and (2) contact me immediately. Neither
this information block, the typed name of the sender, nor anything else in this
message is intended to constitute an electronic signature unless a specific
statement to the contrary is included in this message.