Hi Saurabh,

You have several questions below, I'll take them one at a time.

Saurabh Kudesia wrote:

> Hi,
> I am a newbie to Plone and Zope. Just started learning this product. I am
> facing
> some issues while installing one of the product.

Okay, first things first.  If anyone is going to be able to help you you'll
need to provide some important information.  First off, what product is it
that you are trying to install?  Knowing this will help us help you.

Saurabh Kudesia wrote:

> After placing the product in the plone/products folder
> . . .

This is a fairly archaic way of installing a product.  It still applies, but
if the product you are using is telling you to install this way, it's likely
to be pretty old, and may not be compatible with current versions of plone.
Speaking of which, another useful piece of information is exactly what
version of Plone you are using, and how you installed it.  Did you use a
'unified installer'?  Did you do a buildout?  Did you use a distribution for
your OS?  All these bits of information help us learn what you need.

Saurabh Kudesia wrote:

> 1. How should I interpret this error message to understand where the
> problem is?
> and,
> 2. How can I fix this issue?

These are both great questions, and the answers lie in the traceback you got
(and very helpfully pasted into your post).  I'll work on them below, after
the relevant bits of the traceback  itself.

Saurabh Kudesia wrote:

> ---------
> Site Error
>
> An error was encountered while publishing this resource.
>
> AttributeError
>
> . . .

An AttributeError is raised when a piece of code calls for something from an
object that the object is unable to supply.  That thing might be a property,
or a method, but whatever it is it isn't there.  Looking at the end of the
traceback will help us to learn what it is that is missing, and where in the
code to look for it.

Saurabh Kudesia wrote:

> Module ZPublisher.Publish, line 202, in publish_module_standard
> Module ZPublisher.Publish, line 150, in publish
> Module plone.app.linkintegrity.monkey, line 21, in
> zpublisher_exception_hook_wrapper
> Module Zope2.App.startup, line 221, in zpublisher_exception_hook
> Module ZPublisher.Publish, line 119, in publish
> Module ZPublisher.mapply, line 88, in mapply
> Module ZPublisher.Publish, line 42, in call_object
> Module Shared.DC.Scripts.Bindings, line 313, in __call__
> Module Shared.DC.Scripts.Bindings, line 350, in _bindAndExec
> Module Products.CMFCore.FSPageTemplate, line 216, in _exec
> Module Products.CMFCore.FSPageTemplate, line 155, in pt_render
> Module Products.PageTemplates.PageTemplate, line 98, in pt_render
> Module zope.pagetemplate.pagetemplate, line 117, in pt_render
> Module zope.tal.talinterpreter, line 271, in __call__
> Module zope.tal.talinterpreter, line 346, in interpret
> Module zope.tal.talinterpreter, line 891, in do_useMacro
> Module zope.tal.talinterpreter, line 346, in interpret
> Module zope.tal.talinterpreter, line 536, in do_optTag_tal
> Module zope.tal.talinterpreter, line 521, in do_optTag
> Module zope.tal.talinterpreter, line 516, in no_tag
> Module zope.tal.talinterpreter, line 346, in interpret
> Module zope.tal.talinterpreter, line 891, in do_useMacro
> Module zope.tal.talinterpreter, line 346, in interpret
> Module zope.tal.talinterpreter, line 586, in do_setLocal_tal
> Module zope.tales.tales, line 696, in evaluate
> Line 8, Column 0
> Expression: <PathExpr standard:u'plone_view/globalize'>
> Names:
> {'container': <PloneSite at /Plone>,
>  'context': <PloneSite at /Plone>,
>  'default': ,
>  'here': <PloneSite at /Plone>,
>  'loop': {},
>  'nothing': None,
>  'options': {'args': ()},
>  'repeat': <Products.PageTemplates.Expressions.SafeMapping object at
> 0x06DC43A0>,
>  'request': <HTTPRequest, URL=http://localhost:8080/Plone/folder_listing>,
>  'root': <Application at >,
>  'template': <FSPageTemplate at /Plone/folder_listing>,
>  'traverse_subpath': [],
>  'user': <PropertiedUser 'admin'>}
> Module zope.tales.expressions, line 217, in __call__
> Module Products.PageTemplates.Expressions, line 163, in _eval
> Module Products.PageTemplates.Expressions, line 125, in render
> Module Products.CMFPlone.browser.ploneview, line 74, in globalize
> Module Products.CMFPlone.browser.ploneview, line 119, in _initializeData
> AttributeError: <exceptions.AttributeError instance at 0x06E203A0> (Also,
> the
> following error occurred while attempting to render the standard error
> message,
> please see the event log for full details: checkPermission)

Okay, the last line of the traceback _before_ the error report tells us that
the problem comes from a place called 'Products.CMFPlone.browser.ploneview'.
Products.CMFPlone is the core code of Plone itself.  In my buildout of plone
3.5, it's located in a directory called 'parts/plone/CMFPlone'.

The last line of the code tells you that the attribute that is missing is
'checkPermission'.  This means that something is being asked to check for
permission to view itself, but it doesn't have the 'checkPermission'
attribute (which is a method).  You could place a breakpoint just above line
119 in the ploneview code and find out what object it is that is missing the
checkPermission attribute.  You could place a try/except clause around line
119 to drop into a debugger when the attribute error is thrown.  That's
probably a better strategy, because that checkPermission method is called a
lot and you're likely to see way too much noise if you just place a naked
breakpoint in the code.

But both of these strategies are flawed, because they are predicated on
there being something wrong with Plone's core code.  That is highly
unlikely.  It's far more likely that the new product you have introduced
into the system is causing some problems.  Your best strategy is to
investigate whether the product is compatible with the version of plone you
are using.  If it is advertised as being compatible, then move to the
breakpoint strategy to figure out what part of the product is breaking
plone, and then concentrate on fixing that.

If it is not advertised as being compatible, you have three options.  First,
you can try to find a different, compatible product that will fill your
needs.  Second, you can get commit access to the repository where the add-on
is located and work on  making it compatible yourself.  Third, you can write
a new product that is compatible.  (A fourth strategy involves finding a
consultant to write such a product for you and paying them to do the dirty
work).

I hope this message helps you to get started.  Read up about plone add-ons
from the documentation center at plone.org.  Welcome to the community :)